The Retail Director co-ordinates, plans and develops the retail management activities of the Village to achieve sales targets and increase customer experience and spend within the Village.
Ensure that the Village achieves its set sales targets, retail strategy and provides an excellent customer experience through:
· Developing excellent relationships with existing brands that are conducive to maximising sales and business opportunities within the Village
· Maintaining and developing personal knowledge and expertise to provide guidance to store managers and enhance profitability
· Being responsible for accurate and timely management information, with supporting analysis, through weekly reporting to Retail Director and/or Deputy Retail Director
· Liaising effectively with leasing and operating teams in providing the support needed to achieve highest levels of customer satisfaction, compliance with all legal requirements and successful operational coordination
· Developing targeted training seminars with HR for staff development and career enhancement
· Coordinating and daily management of staff, programmes and activities to achieve optimum inventory levels and merchandise selection at all times
· Providing input to implement the Village strategy through analysis of fashion trends, customer behaviours and key seasonal dates
· Promoting the Village position within the local community
BACKGROUND & SKILLS:
· Proven experience of a managerial role within international luxury fashion retail, preferably department store
· Developed analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and a can-do attitude
· Good decision making capabilities
· Strong leadership and team building skills, and well-developed and articulate communication skills
· Interact and liaise across all levels of the business
· Fluent in English and local Village language, any other European languages beneficial
If you are interested in finding out more, kindly get in touch with: Uta Bonacker Regazzoni email@example.com.
Location: Berlin - Milan
Our client is specialised exclusively in the creation and operation of luxury outlet shopping destinations. Through the channel of their Villages, they serve the world’s leading brands in key tourist markets, which in Europe include London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, Dublin, Brussels, Antwerp, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Munich and Frankfurt.
We are looking for an experienced Leasing Director to drive the German Market.
This role reports to the Global Leasing and Commercialization Director and to the Business Unit Director.
As part of the Village leadership team, the Senior Leasing Director will have overall responsibility for managing the German Remerchandising teams and implementing the Remerchandizing strategy (4 direct reports).
1. Drive and lead the 2 Major Villages in Germany; Remerchandising Strategy
- Provide vision, direction and leadership to the leasing team in order to achieve budgeted sales targets
- Maximise business opportunities by negotiating with brands, leading the leasing team, consultants and lawyers and managing the remerchandizing program so as to continually improve the performance and positioning of the Village.
- Ability to establish, nurture and leverage a strong network of contacts amongst the local senior management of relevant luxury company and fashion house, managing those relationship in conjunction with the central leasing team.
2. Provide exemplary and united management and leadership alongside other Team Leaders
- Provide vision, direction and leadership to the Village Remerchandising team on a daily basis.
- Work closely with other Team Leaders (Marketing, Finance, Retail, Legal) to create a strong, stable management team capable of successfully running the day-to-day operation of the Village.
- Directly and indirectly prospect, sell and negotiate financial, commercial and legal terms with strategically identified brands.
- Develop excellent working relationships with all Brand Captains:
External consultants and brokers
Group Remerchandizing Directors
Commercialisation / Remerchandising directors of other sponsored villages of our client
- Co-ordinate efforts between Village teams to achieve a smooth and successful implementation of the Remerchandising Strategy.
- As a contract is being signed provide continuity with the brand to build a strong long-term relationship.
- Working with the Retail Director, drive the ongoing remerchandising process of upgrading the mix of brands at the German Villages
- Contribute brand relationships and knowledge to assist leasing/commercialisation of other Villages sponsored by the company.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- +15 years Luxury Retail/Wholesale experience within a brand or department store preferably including a financial planning background and retail real estate experiences
- A good knowledge of the leading players and decision-makers for brands and a high quality network of contacts in the fashion industry, particularly in the German and international markets
- A real talent for negotiation, demonstrating creativity by convincing senior executives at leading brands who come from a variety of countries, cultures and disciplines
- Demonstrated capacity to work with an agile and open mind in a complex and multinational work environment alongside talented and strong-minded colleagues
- Rigor and attention to detail in all aspects of negotiations and the aftermath
- A good critical thinker who has the drive, energy and ideas to bring to the role
- A genuine interest and in depth understanding of luxury fashion and up-market brands
- Fluent in English and German. Any other European languages a benefit.
If you would like to be considered for this very special career opportunity, kindly send a motivation letter going with your cv explaining why you would be the right candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org (Uta Bonacker Regazzoni).
The cv needs to be submitted in English. Please kindly understand that we will only answer to applications that fulfill the job requirements.
Job Location: Wertheim, Ingolstadt
The Markets organization is responsible for the local steering of our clients`s business units. We work with colleagues from various departments such as Marketing, Pricing, Merchandising, Commercial Controlling, Consumer Insights and Operations. We are known for fast alignment between the functions and local decision making to make our customers happy.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
You will define the Region’s organization strategy and focus areas, including strategic decisions and business plan objectives to ensure customer satisfaction
You will have full responsibility for the definition of the local value proposition and accountability for its translation into functional KPIs/SLAs or OKRs
You will work with the Marketing leads and the Retail lead to aggregate and prioritize local customer and commercial needs (i.e., assortment, innovation, branding, online marketing, operations, etc.) for the respective market/region
You will be accountable for and manage all integrated market P&Ls within the Region organization, including short- and long-term sales forecasting as well as the local cost lines for marketing costs, strategic pricing, coupon rate, logistics costs, payment costs and customer care costs
Through thorough KPIs analysis, ranging from marketing to operations, you will steer daily/weekly business performance on a market level to capture commercial opportunities
You will lead and guide the Marketing leads to drive in-season optimisation at market level to ensure that monthly topline, margin and category mix targets are achieved
Together with the other region Directors, ensure collaboration and mutual goals between regions and the FS convenience, DX, and categories functions
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
Review and update style guide and crop guidelines for on-figure photography and accompany tests to improve our imagery and drive innovation. You would also ensure the final work meets standards set in style guides and the overall brand aesthetic
Art-direct e-commerce shoots is part of the day to day; accompany the shooting of the model photos, work actively in the event, take over guidance of the team and the final image selection. For this you will always keep an eye on the overall result of styling, photography, hair and make-up
Collaborate with studio team and buying/marketing teams to establish style guides and lighting direction. Providing ongoing recommendations for improvement, as needed along with retouching and editing notes - Work with retouchers and editors throughout the post-production process to ensure overall look and feel remains on target
The development of seasonal and thematic guidelines as well as briefings are part of your area of responsibility. Creativity is part of your job, but you still have the numbers and processes in mind
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You have an above-average university degree in economics, engineering, statistics, management or comparable qualification
You have gained 10-15 years of work experience in consumer-oriented commercial leadership role; Ideally General Management scope and within an Ecommerce setting. You are an expert on the Italian market, and understand our customers there
You have a proven ability to drive operational retail execution; a hands-on commercial operator
You are a strategic commercial thinker; translate customer needs and commercial opportunities to a sound commercial plan that yield results on both short-term and mid-term
You have strong analytical and conceptual skill set ; Ability to (re)set commercial retail framework for the organization
You have outstanding P&L management capabilities to deliver on ambitious goals (including planning, monitoring and taking actions)
You have a broad experience in leading teams through inspirational leadership and coaching
Your team can rely on you to be proactive and to have a quick grasp of new tasks
You think fast, work proactively and always keep on top of things even in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
Communicating with your colleagues in English & Italian is a breeze.
Interested?: get in touch with: Uta Bonacker Regazzoni: email@example.com